Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Life of Landon Lately


With all the new baby stuff going on, his mom being for sick the last four and a half months and a baby sister on the way I thought I would update you on this cute little guy!

Aside from being so incredibly adorable (I could just eat him up) he is doing great! Everyday he does something that cracks me up. Whether telling our waiter to "Hey! Bring that back!" when they take our check with credit card or sitting in the cart at Home Depot and telling us to turn off the lights on the aisle with all the lighting fixtures, he constantly puts a smile on everyones face!

He has become a parrot. He says EVERYTHING you say, EVERYTHING! This also includes songs we listen to, any movie quote or us simply reacting poorly to a bad play while watching baseball. It is all I can do not to fall on the floor laughing half of the time but then he would just say whatever it was 5000 more times.

I don't think there is a word he can't say. He speaks in sentences and can just about have a conversation with you. He'll do favors for you, put the dogs in their crates or bring you something if it's within his reach.

He is very independent but is still very much a mama's boy and will cuddle on the couch with me for hours watching movies. He loves to say "I love you more!" when you tell him you love him and has so many kisses to give, even to Gabbie!

We recently started potty training. I am not going to say much because I don't want to jinx anything, but so far so good! A lot of work and effort... I don't think I have ever said "Do you want to go pee-pee in the potty?" so many times in the day, ever. But slowly but surely he is getting the hang of it. I will post on what worked, what didn't and everything in between once I feel we've given the boot to daytime diapers. Once he has mastered the big boy potty we will convert his crib into a toddler bed.

FPIES - I thought this food allergy would be the death of me for the longest time. The countless trips to the ER, staring at my lifeless baby while they would try and try again to get an IV in him. Those are days I never want to relive. For a long time I would read every food label religiously making sure there was no rice. Would have anxiety every time we would eat out because what if some rice got in his meal somehow. I haven't given him a bowl of rice just yet. But I have been more relaxed about the labels and have even given him small bites of food that has rice in it. There has been no reaction so I guess I just need to do a food challenge and see if he has outgrown it like the doctors said he would. 

I often miss his littleness but I swear everyday keeps getting better. I still can not get over how much I love him, what they say is true - A mothers love for her child is like no other.






He is my little sidekick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment