Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Six Months!




My sweet boy is six months old today! Time seems to be going by faster and faster! Everyday with him is something new. A new discovery, a new noise, new movements, new loves and new dislikes. Getting to know Landon over the last six months has been beyond magical! All that he has learned to do and all that he continues to master is the greatest gift for me to be able to witness.

At his five month well baby check-up our pediatrician said it would be okay to start solids right around Christmas, so a few days before Landon had rice cereal! He loved it! For quite some time Landon has been watching me eat and grabbing at my fork/spoon and even the plate so I figured he would get the hang of eating really quick. He did great eating off the spoon but preferred drinking the cereal right out of the cup I prepared it in so I let him drink it. He was so cute figuring it all out! A couple days after the rice cereal I made him sweet potatoes and he loved those as well! Then for some reason the next day he had projectile vomiting, twice one day then one more time the next. I couldn't figure it out. He had no fever, did not act lethargic and there was no pattern of specific amount of time between eating and being sick. I called the nurse and she said to just keep an eye on him and to bring him in if it happened again. We stopped solids and went back to nursing for the time being but got the okay to go back on solids after his doctors appointment on Tuesday. Fingers crossed it was just a fluke!

Landon has mastered going backwards and doing circles on his tummy. I'm not sure how much longer my baby will not be mobile but I am savoring the moments I have until I have to baby proof the house!






Three Months

 Six months





1 comment:

  1. awwe!! I can't believe he is almost crawling. Matthew just turned 5 months!! He is defiantely not going anywhere right now!! lol

    ReplyDelete